Genius hair hacks for thin-haired girls
For those of us with finer-than-fine locks, a full and voluminous head of hair is at the top of our wish-list. Sure thin hair means minimal hair sweat during the hottest days of summer, and it takes us roughly 35 seconds for a full at-home blowout, but what girl doesn’t aspire for mega-glam bombshell volume? Thin hair can be a major pain, but you don't have to be born with tons of hair to rock a full, bouncy mane. Thin-haired girls, scroll through for our expert hacks to pump up the volume on your thin locks.
1. Part your hair on the opposite side. If you normally part your hair on the left side, blow dry it like normal, but part it on the right. Your hair gets used to your part, so flipping it in the other direction will make your roots stand up.
2. Add some waves. Pin-straight strands lay flat against your head, making even the thickest hair appear thinner. If you have wavy hair, try embracing your natural texture, or add some waves with a curling wand. The added texture will make your hair look fuller.
3. Back-comb your hair. Use a teasing comb to tease your roots. Comb strands over it and use Schwarzkopf styliste ULTIME Biotin+ Volume Hairspray to keep the pumped-up look in place.
4. Get short layers. A blunt cut can weigh your hair down. Adding light layers will give your hair shape and movement.
5. Blow-dry your hair upside down. Flip your head upside down when it's still wet and blow dry. When you get to your roots, use your fingers to softy tousle – this will help them to stand up, creating even more volume.
6. Sprinkle your roots with Schwarzkopf styliste ULTIME Biotin+ Volume Magic Volume Powder. This is a great texturizer, adding grip and tons volume to your hair.
7. Rock a lob. Long hair is heavy, so it will lie flatter against your head. Try a trendy crop for more texture and volume.
8. Skip the serum. Serum makes your hair sleek and frizz-free, which also makes it lay flat. While that might be ideal for an up-do, if you're wearing you're hair down, you want to keep all the natural texture you have, so skip the serum.
9. Get highlights and lowlights. When your hair is all the same color, it appears thinner. Adding multiple hues to your 'do not only looks more natural but will also give you dimension, making limp locks appear fuller.
10. Swap your paddle for a round brush. Paddle brushes are great for getting a sleek, straight look. But to amp-up your hair, use a round brush while blow-drying. It makes it easier to grip hair and create more tension so you can get more lift.
11. Apply Schwarzkopf styliste ULTIME Biotin+ Volume Root Lift Spray to your roots before blow-drying. This will help keep your roots upright, which will stop your 'do from falling flat after 10 minutes.
12. Let your hair air dry. Hot tools can damage your hair and cause fine hair to break. The healthier your hair, the longer and fuller it'll be. Give your blow dryer and curling iron a break whenever possible, and always use a heat protectant spray to protect strands from heat damage.
With our hair hacks, even the thinnest haired-girls can reach supermodel hair heights!