Using a Curling Iron to Create Beautiful Curls
So you would like your hair to fall in soft curls or waves but nature gave you smooth straight hair? That is no problem at all! Today’s styling tools and a curling iron help you to create the kind of curls you always wanted. Learn how to use a curling iron to style enticing curls.
Curls add volume to your hairstyle, and they can be styled to look bouncy but still soft. Besides, they are a beautiful alternative to straight or sleek hair. Since you don’t rely on the curls nature provided, you have a choice between large wavy hair and the smallest of curls. Your curls or waves may start at the roots of your hair or flow from ear level down. It is your choice. Colorful or nuanced streaks or two-tone hair are further options for an entirely individual style of curls.
First things first! How can you use a curling iron to create exactly the curls you want?
Using a curling iron to create curls:
1. Thoroughly work curling mousse through your hair. "The more thoroughly you work the curling mousse through your hair the better your curls will look", recommends Schwarzkopf hair expert Armin Morbach.
2. Use a curling iron with a large-diameter rod to create large soft waves.
3. Strand by strand, spray heat protectant on your hair before winding the strands over the rod of your curling iron. Allow the heat to work on your hair for a short time before releasing the newly formed curl from the curling iron rod. Work your way from the front to the back of your entire hair to create the desired curls or waves.
Armin Morbach has this tip for you: "If you want to create well organized looking curls wind all strands of hair in the direction pointing away from your face. However, if you prefer the wild natural look you should alternate the direction in which you wind your hair over the curling iron rod."
4. After creating all the curls you want, bend forward and shake your head for naturally falling curls.
5. Use volumizing powder where you want your hair to appear thicker.
Dry shampoo will help you keep the look for a day longer. Simply apply the dry shampoo and use the curling iron for a quick touch-up.
Check out the video to learn how to turn straight hair into a head of stylish curls. Armin Morbach also explains the use of different types of curling irons, which come with smooth conical rods or thick rods with clips.