Women with fine hair face a double whammy. Their hair is thin, and it has a weak structure. Thin hair with its lower volume relative to the surface tends to dry out easier (especially the ends), can be easily damaged by environmental influences and all too soon feels unwashed and limp (at the base). In addition, the hair is weak and limp so that improper care products immediately weigh it down and keep it flat. It is therefore essential to use the proper care products, which are adapted to this particular hair type and are designed to create more volume. In the information box below, you find some professional advice on how to achieve optimal results for this hair type.
Remarkable in this context is the fact that many women will classify their hair type as ‘fine’ far too easily. Quite often, hair stylists notice the tendency to equate ‘straight’ with ‘fine’. When all rinses, sprays and styling tricks have failed to bring the desired success it may be time for a new evaluation. A professional hair analysis will provide clarity.
More Hair Volume: Seven Professional Tricks
- Hard and fast rule for the use of all products for fine hair: Less is more!
- Since the shampoo affects every part of the hair, always use volumizing shampoo for fine hair
- It is frequently not possible to detangle the hair without using a conditioning lotion. This however could be the end of any volume at the base of the hair. You can make sure that this does not happen by applying conditioner only at the ends where it is needed
- Fine hair is soon greasy and the hair volume tends to vanish quickly. Daily shampooing and styling is therefore appropriate. If you have a good powder shampoo you may however skip a day now and then. The powder takes up moisture and fat, reduces shine at the base of the hair and produces more volume
- Hair care professionals can deliver the most effective beauty trick for fine hair; they can streak your hair. Bleaching the hair strands makes the hair surface rougher, which leads to a greater hair volume. The streaks themselves also contribute to the appearance of more volume because they visually enrich the appearance
- Parting your hair differently every time is another trick to create more volume. Even one centimetre distance (less than half an inch) places the hair roots in a new position and gives your hair more bounce at its base
- Silicon-containing liquids are magic elixirs, which will bring instant luster to your hair. They can be used for fine hair as well providing they are applied in a targeted way and sparingly only on individual strands and at the ends. This produces the most brilliant shimmer effects in your hair without weighing your hair down