Brown hair comes in many different shades and nuances between the lightest milky brown to the darkest espresso brown. Most brown hair is stronger and thicker than blonde hair. Of course, this should play an important role in your hairstyle choice.
Brown hair is of more robust nature than blonde hair. With this in mind, you are ready to select a suitable hairstyle and to turn having brown hair into quite a styling advantage. The magic recipe for styling brown hair is less volume and more structure. This recipe never fails!
Most importantly, be sure that the style of your brown hair does not overwhelm the features of your face. With your brown hair dominating your appearance, your facial features and expressions would not play their natural role.
Sophisticated hairstyles harmoniously enhance your appearance while bringing out the best of your features and temperament.
We have compiled ten important strategies for styling brown hair:
Important Styling Tips for Brown Hair
1. If you wear fringes you should style them sideways so that they do not cover too much of your face.
2. Brunettes best wear long curly hair in a side-swept fashion. Simply place the long ends of your brown hair over one shoulder.
3. The sleek look tunes down the heaviness of dark hair and looks quite elegant to boot.
4. Layered haircuts are ideal for brunettes. This haircut adds style to your hairdo while reducing the volume and heavy nature of dark hair.
5. Brown hair looks particularly appealing when it is combed back toward the neck and gathered in a ponytail or updo. The hair may be gathered loosely or elegant with gel.
6. Semi-updos are also quite suitable for brown hair. These partial updos take some of the dark side hair and gather it toward the back of the head. It is yet another way to keep too much dark hair out of your face.
7. Waves and layering take away the severity, which may otherwise be associated with brown hair. Thin streaks in light brown shades have the same effect.
8. Brunettes look particularly stylish with bobs. Even if the bob is quite voluminous the hairstyle will not look too dark or heavy. The hair may even fall into the face without overwhelming the facial features. This is particularly true for bobs without fringes.
9. Put soft waves into your brown hair or style it into a casual updo with some strands allowed to fall into your face to dazzle everybody with the sensual luster of your brown hair.
Hairstyles for Brown Hair: Volume
You may like to take the best advantage of your hair volume by keeping all elements of your hairstyle in proper balance and by avoiding poufy styles. If you prefer long loosely hanging hair you may want to consider semi-updos or side-swept hair. Large volume hairdos can be overpowering especially if your hair color is a darker shade of brown.
Hairstyles for Brown Hair: Luster
If your hair is dark brown it may take a second look to see the intricate beauty of braids and twirls. Then again, who would stop looking after only one glance at the play of light in beautiful brown hair? Intricate updos and braided hairstyles look particularly sophisticated when they are styled using the ample wealth of brown hair.
The beauty of brown hair is additionally enhanced through its dazzling light reflection. Like always, light reflection is more noticeable when the hair is straight rather than wavy. Let your hair shine!
In his video, Armin Morbach demonstrates how to style your long brown hair into a stylish rockabilly hairdo with plenty of well-applied volume.